It’s the most wonderful time of the yearrrrrrrr… to stay at home, because traveling around Christmas time can be hectic at best. It can be worth the trek if you’re going somewhere fabulous or where loved ones have congregated, but oh those travel blues can be depressing. Starting off on a good note certainly helps.
And that, my friends, brings us to our topic du jour: packing!!! There are tons and tons of packing guides out there; some for the minimal but efficient packer and the solo woman traveler, but the fashionista guides are harder to find. A fashionista’s suitcase doesn’t have to be overflowing and overweight, efficiency and dual purpose items are the keys, my friends!
Start off by laying out everything you want to take on your trip and then put back at least 1/4 of the items. As an over-packer turned “just right” packer, I’ve found that if I lay out everything I absolutely might need or want it makes me realize how ridiculous it is to pack three pairs of boots for a weekend. Once you’ve done that, follow these tips to help make your packing a breeze!
- My ultimate packing list for accessories: one statement necklace, one delicate necklace (to transport cut a straw in half and place necklace inside, no tangles!), a pair or two of simple studs, some gold bangles, and a scarf (serves as your airplane blanket and pulls together outfits).
- Prints are the enemy. Pack basic and solid colored clothing as you can always mix and match without looking like you’re wearing the same thing over and over.
- Jeans can be heavy so pack one pair and bring a pair of leggings. Leggings can be worn as pants with a long tunic (in my opinion!) and later worn as comfy pants while laying on the couch.
- Try not to pack more than two pairs of shoes, three if you’re planning on working out. This time of year a cute pair of ballet flats and a pair of boots should do the trick on any outfit.
- Wear your heaviest of clunkiest pair of shoes on the airport, don’t waste valuable suitcase space on them!
Remember – it’s okay to wear outfits more than once; but, if it reeeeaaaaally bothers you just switch up the bottoms or top on a previously worn outfit. Seriously, no one will notice or care! We hope wherever you’re traveling to and whatever you’ll be doing, you’ll have yourself a merry little Christmas and New Years! We ❤ you.